Cosmetic Fillings Gosford
At Albany Dental, we understand how important your smile is. As such, when you’re experiencing decay or have a chip or crack, you will want to get this fixed as soon as possible.
Our friendly and professional team members provide quick and easy cosmetic fillings that are guaranteed to restore your smile and preserve your oral health.
To see if cosmetic fillings are right for you or to book an appointment, please get in touch with us.
What Are Cosmetic Fillings?
A cosmetic filling is a simple and common dental treatment. It is a procedure in which material – such as white composite or silver amalgam – is inserted into the mouth, over or on the end of your tooth (whichever is most suitable for your dental needs).
White composite fillings are the more commonly used of the two. This is due to their white acrylic finish as it better matches the colour of your teeth. These fillings are mainly used to fill in visible cracks.
Silver amalgams, on the other hand, are made from various sterilised pieces of metal. This material provides your tooth with extra strength, which is why it’s commonly used for more serious dental issues, such as decaying teeth.
Rest assured our team members are fully skilled in the insertion of cosmetic fillings and will recommend the most appropriate filling for your needs.
If you are interested in a cosmetic filling, please get in touch with us to see if this is right for you!
When Do I Need Cosmetic Fillings?
- Cosmetic fillings can help with a number of issues, including:
- Decaying teeth
- Chipped and/or cracked teeth
- Filling the space between two teeth
- To add strength/longevity before a crown is inserted (if needed)
- To replace old fillings that have fallen out
How Are Cosmetic Fillings Inserted?
- When you choose Albany Dental for cosmetic fillings in Gosford, the procedure will be completed in just one sitting. Firstly, the mouth is numbed, just to make sure you don’t feel any pain.
- Then the tooth is thoroughly cleaned to allow for the smoothest possible base to attach the filling onto (for longevity purposes).
- Once inserted, the filling is shaped, buffed, and polished to allow for the most seamless blend between your tooth and filling.
- Although cosmetic fillings aren’t permanent, at Albany Dental, we use the most up-to-date technology at our dental practice, so you can rest assured our fillings are designed to offer both quality results and longevity.
- Despite their durability, most cosmetic fillings will not last forever. Therefore, we stress that once your fillings are inserted, you do your best to look after them, including not eating or drinking for at least an hour after they have first been applied.
- It is also recommended that for the first 24 hours, any foods and beverages which are known to stain teeth, such as coffee, are avoided. This is necessary to help prevent the discolouring of your new cosmetic fillings.