Family Rebates At Albany Dental Gosford
When you and your family members have your periodic examination, clean and fluoride treatment with us every six months, we will take only what the health fund pays for that visit. So there is no gap payment on preventative treatment.
For more information, please phone the practice on (02) 4324 1181.
Why Should I See The Dentist Every 6 Months?
Regular dental visits are essential for the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums. In between those examinations, it’s important that you work to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
Regular Dental Visit
There are two parts to a regular dental visit.
- The check-up
- The cleaning
During the check-up, the dentist will check your overall oral health. Aspects of this examination include:
- Examining the gums and checking for gum disease
- Checking for loose teeth
- Looking at the tissues inside the mouth
- Examining the tongue
- Checking saliva
- Checking your bite
- Movement of the lower jaw joint (TMJ)
- Visible evidence of tooth decay
- Checking for broken or worn teeth due to grinding or incorrect brushing
- Checking for damaged or deteriorating fillings
- Checking any dental appliance you may have
- Checking tooth contacts
- Taking x-rays if necessary (generally only every two years)
- Recommend any necessary treatment and make you aware of any areas of concern in the future.
During the cleaning the hygienist will:
- Check the cleanliness of your teeth and gums
- Remove any plaque and tartar (calculus/scale)
- Polish your teeth
- Review and recommend brushing and flossing techniques
- Investigate the origin of bad breath as this frequently originates from gums.
All this is done with a view to improving gum and bone health to prevent the occurrence of gum disease (periodontitis). So as you can see, dental check-up is very important for your health!
At Albany Dental, a check-up, clean and a fluoride treatment is $180 for all new patients.